A bit about me:
I have a wonderfully varied career and skill set.
- I’m a well-established author and write books, short stories and plays.
- I’m a storyteller with my own unique modern brand of inter-active storytelling, using stories that I write myself.
- I run creative writing and drama workshops in schools, libraries and museums, for all keystages and abilities.
- I run an independent youth theatre, The Theatre Space, for young people aged from 7 – 14, in Banbury, Oxfordshire. I am passionate about devising theatre with young people so twice yearly, each group devises and stages its own home-grown play.
- I have extensive experience of working with gifted and talented children.
- I run a Creative Writing Group for adults at The Mill Arts Centre, Banbury and courses such as ‘Write that Novel!’ and ‘Writing for Children’ and have been assessed as an ‘outstanding’ teacher by the Workers’ Education Association.
- I’m a qualified teacher of over 25 years experience.
- When I’m not doing all things literary and dramatic, I’m a school counsellor, specialising in CBT.
I do some free-lance work and am always interested in developing tailor-made workshops and, of course, in telling my stories! Please get in touch to discuss your needs.
I studied at Corpus Christi College, Oxford, gaining a BA in English and a PGCE and subsequently took an MA in Theatre and Drama Education at Warwick University in which I achieved distinction. I also hold a diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy.